The boring (but important) bit.
These rules will help you get the most from your workout, keep you, other members, and our staff safe, and ensure you and all of our other members have a welcoming and positive experience. By joining Lifestyle Fitness and/or visiting one of our clubs, you agree to the following rules. Please read over this document carefully.
The ins and outs of Lifestyle Fitness…
• To access the club, please use the biometric reader or other access control system upon entry and when leaving the club, except in the case of an emergency.
• Do not share your entrance pod with anyone else or allow access to another person.
• Please keep your face clear and unobscured when using the entrance pods (for example wearing a helmet, baseball cap or hoody in a way which conceals your identity).
• If you are a wheelchair user or are under 18 years old, a first appointment is required.
• We encourage you to strongly consider attending a gym induction, particularly if you are a first-time gym user, before your first visit in order to familiarise yourself with the club and equipment.
• You agree not to force entry to locked doors or enter areas which are out of bounds.
• Please come and go quietly from our premises so as not to disturb our neighbours.
Conduct in our clubs
Gym etiquette 101.
• Please wipe down any kit and equipment after use to ensure cleanliness.
• Bags or backpacks aren’t allowed on the gym floor. Please leave any large personal belongings in a locker.
• Remember to replace equipment when finished and re-rack weights and plates after use.
• The weights can be heavy, but not that heavy! Please don’t drop or throw weights down on the floor (including in the free weights area).
• Please wear suitable clothing and footwear when exercising on the gym floor (denim, bare feet, flip-flops, boots or a bare torso are amongst the range of clothing choices that are unsuitable).
• Please use the club facilities and equipment in a proper manner and not in a way that might cause harm to yourself or others.
• Exercise and activity that may be potentially harmful to you or others isn’t allowed.
• Refrain from blocking or interfering with fire, emergency or disabled access doors or alarms (except in a genuine emergency).
• We want our clubs to be welcoming and friendly environments. Aggressive, abusive, intimidating, anti-social or threatening behaviour won’t be tolerated in our clubs. Please behave in a respectful manner and refrain from any behaviour which could cause distress to staff or other members.
• Conducting Personal Training business with other members is not allowed unless you are a member of staff or a recognised LSF PT.
• Use of gym equipment or attendance at one of our clubs whilst intoxicated is strictly forbidden. Do not use our facilities if you’re under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
• Sleeping at our facilities is not allowed, and if your workout is that tiring you probably need to rest! If you are feeling tired or fatigued, please end your workout. Ask a member of staff if you require assistance.
Your personal items
You and your stuff.
• Please refrain from leaving your belongings in a locker when you are not on the premises. We regularly remove items left in lockers by breaking the padlock (which will not be replaced by Lifestyle Fitness) and dispose of the contents after a week.
• Please use a locker to store any large belongings (larger than can fit in your pockets!) when you are exercising and use a suitable padlock to secure your items.
• Lifestyle Fitness takes no responsibility for lost or stolen belongings. Whilst we will assist you in finding any items you have lost, you agree that you are ultimately responsible for any belongings on your person whilst at the club.
• Do not cause damage to any other member's personal items or property.
Use of phones and recording devices
Smart phones and even smarter lifters.
• Mobile phone use is permitted on the gym floor, so long as it is not done so in a way that would distract or interfere with other members’ workouts.
• You may record or take photographs of yourself in the gym, however, please be considerate of other members’ privacy. Any deliberate filming of other members, disruptive content creation or content which may bring Lifestyle Fitness into disrepute is prohibited.
• Use of phones is not permitted within the changing rooms to ensure the privacy of all of our members.
• Making or receiving phone calls whilst on the gym floor is not allowed. If you need to take a call, please step outside. You may take calls in a seating or cafe area if this is available at your club.
The other kind of pulling up.
• If you are parking at one of our sites, please abide by the rules of the relevant parking provider.
• If you have a bicycle, please leave it in a suitable and appropriate place.
• By using our parking, you agree that Lifestyle Fitness are not liable for any damage to vehicles or loss of personal items such as a bicycle or accessories.
We reserve the right to apply a temporary freeze or permanent termination of your membership if you do not abide by these club rules. If you are unsure on any of the above, or have any questions or concerns, please ask a member of staff for assistance!