1. This agreement commences either:
2. Your membership starts immediately.
3. You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the Type of Membership chosen.
4. You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else.
FEES AND CHARGES
5. The Total first payment amount is due from you to us, is due immediately and is payable on the 1st Direct
6. The Direct Debit Payment Amount is due from you to us. You are obligated to make the Minimum Number of Direct Debit Payments stated with the first one being paid on the 1st Direct Debit Payment Date, the second on the Second DD payment date and then every month thereafter. For the avoidance of doubt, you are obligated to make every Direct Debit Payment regardless of non attendance, whatever the reason for non attendance may be.
7. If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of £25.
8. You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the Members Details provided.
9. If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then we may pass the debt to a third party company for collection. The reasonable costs incurred in employing the third party company will be borne by you including costs in tracing you should you have changed your address without telling us.
10. In order to extend your membership after completing the minimum number of Direct Debit payments, we will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit Payment Amount every month. Your membership will be extended by one month each payment. Each payment made is not refundable under any circumstances. This Renewal Direct Debit Payment Amount may only be amended if we advise you in writing giving 30 days notice.
Please note - If your membership included the benefit of a Free Period then we will stop making collections during that Free Period and recommence making collections when this free period has finished.
11. You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently in the Club and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules at any time provided we give you advance notice of the change.
12. If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
13. We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
14. This agreement is governed by English Law.
15. We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the Clubs Rules. In this event you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit Payments, provided such breach is not deemed by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.
ONE MONTHS NOTICE CANCELLATION POLICY
16. Should you wish to cancel your membership after your initial 12 payments, we require 1 months notice in writing to;
Harlands Services Ltd
2nd Floor, Rockwood House
9-17 Perrymount Road
FAIR CANCELLATION POLICY
17. We operate a fair cancelation policy within a 12 month contract as follows. This means that we will cancel your agreement and refund any money owing paid in cash up front. However, we do require 1 months notice in order administer this. The period of refund only relates to the date from when the letter is administered.
17.1 Doctors note stating that exercise will be detrimental to health if continued.
17.2 Moving permanently out of the area after joining the facility (minimum of 15 miles from the Club). Proof of relocation required either utility bill / council tax / solicitor letter.
17.3 Made redundant after joining the facility - proof of redundancy letter needed.
FREEZING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
18. Temporary Illness or Injury: This agreement may be frozen in the event of serious temporary illness, injury or medical condition upon appropriate proof from a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner.
19. Pregnancy: This agreement can be frozen if you become pregnant for a maximum of 6 months pre-birth and a maximum of 6 months post - birth upon the appropriate proof being given.
Please note - ANY Freeze will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received.
20. All promotions and discounts we offer relate to joining on our minimum 12 month contracts, either by paying cash up front, or via direct debit, unless otherwise stipulated.
SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITIONS
21. Our social media competitions comply with The British Code of Advertising, Sale Promotion and Direct Marketing. Unless otherwise stipulated, the following rules apply:
Your health is your responsibility. The management and staff of this organisation are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy the facilities that we offer. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you
1. We will respect your personal decisions, and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
2. We will make every reasonable effort to make sure that our equipment and facilities are in a safe condition for you to use and enjoy.
3. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that our staff are qualified to the fitness industry standards as set out by the Register of Exercise Professionals.
4. If you tell us that you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our equipment and facilities, we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
1. You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before you use our equipment and facilities you should get advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
2. You should make yourself aware of any rules and instructions, including warning notices. Exercise carries its own risks. You should not carry out any activities which you have been told are not suitable for you.
3. You should let us know immediately if you feel ill when using our equipment or facilities. Our staff members are not qualified doctors, but there will be a person available who has had first-aid training.
4. If you have a disability, you must follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to exercise safely.
This statement is for guidance only. It is not a legally binding agreement between you and us and does not create any obligations which you or we must meet.