Full Time, 40hrs per week, 09.00 – 17.30
£Competitive, dependent upon experience.
A vacancy has arisen within our accounts department for a temporary Financial Controller until approximately March 2019.
The post holder will be responsible for a team of 4 and be responsible for the day to day running of the accounts team and the production of the monthly management accounts. The role is varied and ‘hands-on’ as you will be required to use the finance system, post journals, run payroll and account for gym income and liaise with Local Authorities to ensure the correct income is shown in all our sites. You will also be required to attend quarterly Board meetings, report the summary accounts to the Board and any other information requested. The role reports in to the Managing Director.
- Lead, motivate and support the finance team of 4
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of the management accounts, experience with improving management accounts reporting packs would be advantageous.
- Manage cash flow including payments to suppliers and payroll
- Account for income from our collection agent and our income partners
- Be a part of and provide advice to the Senior Management team on how to improve the financial performance of the Company
- Attend and prepare data for monthly Senior Management meetings
- Develop and business processes and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls
- Attend quarterly Board meetings to present the finances (travel may be required)
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Main contact point for auditors
Skills and experience required:
- Previous financial controller experience essential
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Must have a recognised accountancy qualification, preferably ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Excellent computing skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive outlook
- Experience on Pegasus Opera desirable but not essential
To apply please send your c.v. together with a covering letter to email@example.com.