Let’s get fruity
01st March 2019
Have you taken advantage of our blender offer yet? If not, you can benefit from a FREE Nutrifit Blender when purchasing an annual membership using the code ‘BLENDER’.
Even more reason to put our top five easy and delicious smoothie recipes to the test. All courtesy of BBC Good Food – ideal as an early morning or late afternoon pick-me-up, or as a replenishing drink to refuel after exercise.
1. Cranberry and raspberry smoothie
· 200ml cranberry juice
· 175g frozen raspberry, defrosted
· 100ml milk
· 200ml natural yogurt
· 1 tbsp caster sugar, or to taste
· Mint sprigs, to serve
Place all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve topped with fresh mint.
2. Sunshine smoothie
· 500ml carrot juice, chilled
· 200g pineapple
· 2 bananas
· Small piece ginger
· 20g cashew nuts
· Juice 1 lime
Put the ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth. Drink straight away or pour into a bottle to drink on the go. Will keep in the fridge for a day.
3. Green smoothie
· 250ml milk of your choice (we used unsweetened almond milk)
· 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
· 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
· Pinch ground cinnamon
· 1 medjool date, stoned
· 1 small ripe banana
· Handful cavolo nero or spinach
· 1 tbsp almond butter
Pour the milk into a high-speed blender then add the ground flaxseed, maca powder (if using) and the cinnamon. Add the remaining ingredients then blitz until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
4. Avocado and strawberry smoothie
· 150g strawberries
· 4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
· 200ml semi-skimmed milk
· lemon or lime juice, to taste
· honey, to taste
Put all the ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth. If the consistency is too thick, add a little water.
5. Coconut and banana smoothie
· 100g coconut yogurt
· 3 tbsp milk of your choice (we used unsweetened almond milk)
· ½ tsp ground turmeric
· 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
· 2 tsp baobab powder (optional)
· 1 small ripe banana
· 1 tsp honey
· 1 tbsp oats
· Juice of ½ a lemon
Add the coconut yogurt and milk to a high-speed blender then add the turmeric, fresh ginger and baobab powder (if using). Tip in the remaining ingredients then blend until smooth. Add ice and blitz again if you prefer a colder drink. Pour into glasses and serve.