We hope you have a Spooktacular Halloween, but all the sweet treats can add up - making a lot of us fear for our waistline!
Follow these Halloween themed exercises from Shape to prevent the damage.
It’s Alive (Reps: 8-10)
- Lie on back with arms extended overhead and legs extended fully, toes pointed toward shins.
- Engage core and slowly lift upper body off mat.
- Roll up to a seated position, pausing once torso is perpendicular to mat.
- Slowly reverse movement, uncurling spine to starting position.
Halloween Slasher (Reps: 12-15)
- Stand with feet hip-width distance apart holding a 5-pound dumbbell in left hand. Extend left arm overhead, aligning wrist above shoulder.
- Step back with left foot while simultaneously lowering left arm.
- Bend both knees, performing a reverse lunge while lowering dumbbell toward ground. Reverse the movement, stepping left foot back to starting position.
Creepy Crawler (Reps: 6-8)
- From standing position, hinge hips and bend knees, lowering palms to ground.
- Begin inching body forward, walking hands out one at a time without moving feet.
- Extend body into outstretched plank position, keeping core engaged and spine neutral.
- Reverse movement, walking hands back toward feet.
Pouncing Werewolf (Reps: 6-8)
- Stand with feet wider than hip-width apart, toes angled out slightly. Hinge hips and bend knees, lowering into a sumo squat position with fingertips touching ground.
- With core engaged explode up, extending arms and legs fully while leaping forward. Immediately lower back into a sumo squat position and repeat sequence.
- Kneel behind stability ball with forearms on top of ball and elbows under shoulders. Press up onto balls of feet, coming to plank position with core engaged and spine neutral.
- Make clockwise circles with forearms for 15 seconds, both hands facing each other for balance.
- Change direction, making counter clockwise circles with forearms for 15 seconds.
In a frightful spirit to attempt these? We’re currently running an Open Week until the 31st of October for non-members to try our facilities for free! Download our free Day Pass here