BENEFITS OF HIIT TRAINING:
High Intensity Interval Training is an extremely effective way to burn calories quickly and boost your heart rate. These workouts don’t have to be long, a 30 minute HIIT workout will burn more calories than a treadmill.
Here are some key factors to the benefits of HIIT training:
- You can do this anywhere and at any time! HIIT training is excellent is your limited for time and need to squeeze in a quick workout and you’ll still feel the benefit from even a short session
- You don’t need any equipment and can fit this into your lunch break or if you’re away on holiday!
- Alternating between short bursts of activity in a circuit is a fantastic way to burn fat quickly but it also continues to burn calories 24 hours after exercise!
- Choose your own workout/exercises! You can mix up these workouts as much as you like and mix between lower and upper body. For example, running on the spot, max speed on a bike, sled pushes, battle ropes etc. These are all great to increase your heart rate and pushes your body to reach top speed in a short amount of time before moving to the next exercise
- Increase strength and fitness whilst having fun! Mixing up these workouts can keep it energised and fun. This can help relieve stress and anxiety as well as keeping a healthy heart and helps blood flow throughout the body.
- Effective alternative to long cardio sessions. Especially if you’re looking to build muscle as these workouts are combined with weight exercises and body weight training.
- You can train by yourself or with a group of people. Encourage each other to make this more challenging!
Most importantly... HAVE FUN!